Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh yeah! A Cake!

THAT'S what I forgot on the last post!  Funny how this blog was nothing BUT cakes until last month, and now I'm forgetting my cakes.  This was just a little cake, but it was fun and cute!  I like the applique'd look.
It's Yellow Sour Cream cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and filling.

I really need to get another cord for my good camera.  This iPod camera just isn't cutting it.
I have a lot of stuff coming up and I'm really excited.  It seems the whole family I married into was born in the first few weeks of February!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alesha, I just answered your question about the pennant banner on my blog. Thought I'd pop over here to let you know.

    My first attempt used small flower pots and full-length dowels, and YES they tipped over. So I switched to taller vases and cut a few inches off the dowels. Then everything worked well. Good luck!

    Oh my word, your blog has been fun to poke around. My four-year-old would LOVE one of those dino hoodies. And your cakes are awesome. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband came up with the idea to use clamps and threaded rod attached to the ends o the table to hang the banner from. Smart cookie. Loving your blog too! You are so crafty. My kiddo is 4 too. Love this age.

      Delete