Monday, January 9, 2012

Dollar Store Stone Candle Sconces

Hi!
  I love this new thing.  I used the tutorial found here.

I bought everything I  needed piecemail throughout the week.  Budgeting all these crafts is a difficult task!  Figure 5-8 bucks for some of them and it really adds up when you're working with $20/week total play money.  Sidenote here, I love Dave Ramsey.  Love him.  Budgeting has never been so fun and rewarding.
So anyway!  Back to the crafting!  I bought some clear tacky glue from Wally World and had my wonderful hubster cut blocks (7"x5.5" and 3.5"x5.5") out of the old shelving we used to have up under the TV.  I used the same spray paint I used for the lamp to transform the white laminated particle board into a pretty bronze.  I have a towel I use to spray paint on.  I really love the little circles and squares left white after spraying around the base of something.  The lines are so crisp and clean!
I attached the pieces with L-brackets and put picture hanger saw tooth thingies on the back (SO technical here!)  Hubby and I watched an episode of Breaking Bad while I glued on the dollar store rocks mosaic-style.  I let them dry overnight and couldn't wait this morning to hot glue the little dollar store candle holders on them.  They are too cute!  I wanted to put one on either side of the doorway from the kitchen to the living room, but in the interest of brevity and not wanting to move the large mirror on the other side of the doorway, I just arrange them around the photo frames.

Lit up:

I am in love!  I am going to make more of these.  Total cost for BOTH (everything except the paint and wood) was $5, candles included!

No comments:

Post a Comment