Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Most Supreme Awesome Kid Craft Evar.

Today I did a few little things, but the one I'm the most excited about is this shirt my kiddo painted for me.

He's 4.  He did great, huh?  He was so proud.  And he knows how to make his Mama happy when he dresses himself in the notebook shirt I made him...3 days now he wants to wear it.  I let him wear it in the house after the first day, but I don't have the heart to tell him he can't wear it yet.

We do crafty stuff together pretty often.  Today I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said a shirt.  So I asked who it would be for...he said "You!"  I asked what he wanted to put on it, and he said "Daddy loves Alesha".  OMG.  Seriously too cute, this kid is.  I drew the outline on freezer paper and asked if it was right (it was), cut out the letters, and ironed it on.  Then I let him paint to his heart's content.  I was highly suspicious of the outcome, but I really love this!  The shirt he painted was an old shirt with paint smears on it from painting my kitchen anyway.
I think we are going to be making a lot of these in the near future.  How cool.  The possibilities are endless.  Christmas presents actually painted by him next year that are wearable and cute?!  That he will get a kick out of doing?  My dear, I hope I have a crafting buddy in the making.  He was THRILLED when I pulled off the freezer paper to reveal words. Seeing him get that same kick out of this that I do was inspiring.

I started a craft today using toilet paper rolls.  I found 7 of them and a paper towel roll, cut them into 1" sections, and hot glued them together.  As I *ahem* procure more empty rolls, I am going to add to this.  Once I'm happy with the outcome, I think I will spray paint it some good color for my living room.  We got this cool new wall art for Christmas from my In-Laws and it's starting to make me feel inspired.  I want to do more.
I am not at all sure what I am going to do next, but one thing is certain:  I've decided I love being a crafty person.  There's a huge satisfaction for me in creating.  Combine that with the infinite ideas presented by the internet and I'm hooked for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment