Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Crafting and Channeling my Inner Martha

I use Stumbleupon a lot for finding crafts.  I use it the way people use Pintrest, which I have never really gotten keen on.  I just keep folders and bookmarks to delineate the different types of crafts.
So, let's just get to it, eh?
Bacon Vodka in the making!
Label I made for the Bacon Vodka, using an old
Seagram's bottle.
Coffee Cup Cozies.  LOVE these!
The bacon vodka sounds gross, right?  It even looked gross while it was extracting pure bacon awesomeness into the alcohol.  It took 3 weeks, but when it was suitable to be imbibed, boy howdy was I happy!  It makes awesome Bloody Marys and I even used it for a bacon chocolatini!  The bottle was an up-cycled Seagram's 7 container.  I used a homemade Mod Podge to seal on the front and back labels.  The back label is completely customized for my brother-in-law.  I put all the makings for Bloody Marys into a basket for his gift.  It was SO fun.
Another style of Cozy.
The coffee cozies were frustrating at first to figure out how to sew, but after the first few ones, I got better.  As with most things.  I love using these and I keep one on me at all times.  It makes me feel so trendy and cute...both things I seem to be lacking in day to day existence.
The tile coasters were time consuming but very gratifying.  I used Mod Podge to seal the pictures on, and sprayed them with resin to keep them sealed tight.  They are great because it's simple to customize them perfectly for whomever you wish!
The jewelry satchels seemed to confuse everyone until I explained to them.  You know when you go somewhere for a few days and you want to bring your necklaces, so you toss them in a ziplock or just into a smaller pouch in your suitcase, and they get all tangled and it's a total pain to separate them?  Well, these satchels have 8 pockets inside that are the perfect size for your necklace.  One necklace or bracelet into each, toss some earrings or whatever into the center, and tie it up tight.  No tangles, no mess, and it's TOO stinking cute!  Well, at least I think it is!
Oh, the freezer paper stencil shirts!  I am totally in love with these.  Freezer paper is CHEAP, and you can cut a stencil and iron it into place wherever you want.  I made the Steal Your Face shirt for my hubby using bleach spray instead of paint.  You can tell I goofed a little, but he doesn't mind.  I made a few other shirts for him in this manner but I haven't taken pictures yet.  Maybe next post, I will.  I love customizing clothing.
The Angry Birds were my favorite gift this year.  Stinkie loved them.  I made them during his naps and at nighttime.  Total cost?  Maybe $10.  Maybe.  And I'm totally mom of the year now.  He is getting to be a really good aim, practicing in the morning and night on knocking Pig off his dresser with his Birds.  THEY ARE SO ANGRY!!  I was giggling the whole time I made them.
Yeah, my kiddo is too cute.

I made some other things that I didn't get pictures of.  I made a set of candlestick holders out of candy canes and ribbon (and of course, hot glue).  I made a few scarves that never got pictures taken of them.  I think I am now fascinated by felt flowers.  I am having such a superb time with it all!  I also made my husband an applique'd handprint canvas for the wall, with our three handprints.  He seriously thought it was so precious that he nearly cried.
Yesterday I made a little crazy paper toy thingy (I know, right?  So graphic, you can almost see it), a notebook paper lined t-shirt for The Boy using painter's tape and paint, and a Yoda snowflake.  I really need to take pictures of this stuff.  Today I didn't craft anything.
I have a cake this weekend for a first birthday for the cutest little dude.  YAY!
Till next time, internet warriors.
Grateful Dead album cover tile coasters.
Emotions tile coasters.  Love, Anger, Joy, and Grief.
African animals coasters
Jewelry Travel Satchel.  See the little pockets?
Jewelry satchel all closed up.
Freezer paper stencil/bleach t-shirt for my hubby!
Laptop bag for myself...I had to make something for me!
One of my t-shirt scarves.  I made several.  I love them.
No-Sew Tutu for a Little in my life!
Felt Angry Birds for my kiddo.  He loves them, and they are
good for working on aim!
Wastebasket made out of magazines and hot glue.
Sandwich/snack holders made out of old milk jugs.

4 comments:

  1. I demand a cup cozie! I really need and want one...and don't know when I'll get time to make one (I have them pinned on pinterest...hahaha!) How much $$$??? I'll pay ya for one! I have a most totally awesome ceramic mug that didn't come with a silicon slip...I suppose they figured that it's design was too kewl to need one. I'm less caring about the design after almost dropping the cup a couple times now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW all your shiot is sooo wicked cute!!! When did all my friends get craftier than me??? Remember when you all thought I was silly doing this stuff??? hahaha... I still like to do it...but no time...booo!

    ReplyDelete