Friday, February 8, 2013

Tiara and Bow Cake

This is "All Chocolate, Hold the Gluten" cake, smothered in ganache and filled with vanilla buttercream, then covered in marshmallow fondant.  The crown and bow are gumpaste.  The ball border is fondant, as well as the banner.  The board is covered in fondant as well.

I enjoyed doing the quilting on this cake.  I'd only done quilting on buttercream before and it is really different doing it on fondant.  SO much easier and cleaner, and you are able to really make it "puff" like it should.  I had to airbrush the non-pariels silver, since the silver dragees are deemed inedible and not locally available.  I found they are ILLEGAL to sell in California.  So weird.  I ate those things like they were going out of style back when I was a kid.
  So Happy Birthday Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment