Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Princess Dress Cupcakes


When I set out to make these cupcakes, I didn't know if it would be as simple as it seemed or if I would be pulling my hair out by the end of things.  I ended up being really satisfied with how they came out and really enjoyed making them.  I've found myself really liking my new fondant recipe.  It's still marshmallow fondant, but the ingredients are tweaked.
One little tip I found out - real vanilla extract, while exceptionally expensive at Food Lion, is cheaper for twice as much at Costco.  I don't ever use vanilla flavoring or fake extracts, so it was great to see they carry a good quality vanilla for surprisingly cheap.
So, back to the cupcakes.  They are Chocolate Cake with vanilla buttercream and fondant.  I used a flower cutter to cut two shapes out of thin fondant, then rolled the edges to make them frilly for the skirt portion.  I used the same shape but larger cutter to make the top.  Then, it was just a matter of decorating, which was really fun!  I love Aurora's bust.  Of course, Tiana's dress was fun to make with the vine, leaves, and little yellow flower.  Cinderella's dress is simple and elegant, while Belle's dress (which is actually a shimmering gold) has a pretty tiny flower.
  I am so happy to be doing more cakes recently!  I can't wait until this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Do you take orders? If so pleas contact me back at Jezabeljab@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently working at Bakers Kitchen in N Chesterfield and have stopped baking from home. However, you can contact Bakers kitchen for all your cupcake needs!

      Delete