Friday, October 15, 2010

UPS Logo Cake

This was a quick little cake that was pretty fun to make!  The dimensions are roughly 10"x8"x2".  The brown frosting is chocolate, and the yellow is vanilla.  The cake itself is my favorite yellow cake.  People have been raving about this recipe. It took me a while to develop it, so I'm really glad it's working out!
Not much to say on this cake, other than the cake box I made for it.  I hate cake boxes.  I really hate them.  They give people a false sense of security because they can't see the cake and the flimsy boxes just DON'T do their job.  Anyway, the client needed a cake box for transport, so I made one out of foam posterboard. 
The thick stuff (it's about 1/8" thick).  It was pretty easy and incredibly sturdy, and I think I'm just going to make these from now and and include them in the cost of the cake.  I felt good, and the cake was totally protected.  I'll add a picture on another night, as I have a cake due tomorrow and I should be getting back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment