Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Husband!

My husband is a truly special sort of guy.  He works full time, goes to school nights, and is a great daddy when he's home.  I wanted to get him something really special this birthday.  He has wanted a T5-1000 Voltmeter for about two years now, but hasn't wanted to spend the money on it.  Perfect gift idea, right?  So I got him one ($60 off!) on EBay.  I let it slip that, well, IF I had gotten him, say, an 8GB Ipod, would he use it?  He started to get all excited...the trap was set!
Two days later I told him I'd opened the Ipod to charge it for him and put some songs on it, and the screen was broken and I'd had to send it back and hopefully the guy would fix it and not rip us off.  (Tee hee hee, I was all upset).  So then I set about making his cake.  I used that same spice cake I made last time I wrote.  I had cut it to size and frozen it.  Then I placed the voltmeter in the middle of the plate and decorated it to look like an Ipod.  Last year we were pretty broke and I made him a cake that looked like a voltmeter, so I thought it would totally throw him off.  We sang Happy Birthday, and he cut into the cake.
Only, the knife stopped and he couldn't cut any more!  So the jig was up!  He knew something was going on, but he thought I had an Ipod in there!  He scraped off the top of the cake and, VOILA!  Only the best present EVER!  He was so excited.  I'm pleased.  Notice the empty battery, that made me laugh for about an hour.  The cake was sort of a rush job, but I like it anyway!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! i love it :) what empty battery are you talking about tho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above "Matthew", to the right of "Ipod", there's the battery indicator. It's hard to see on the picture but I laughed like crazy.

    ReplyDelete