Thursday, March 28, 2013

100!

This is my 100th blog post.  It seems like such a large number and I am coming to grips with how many stinkin' cakes I've made!
This week's cupcakes were pulled from Southern Living's Big Book of Cupcakes (same place I got the recipes last week for the Key Lime Pie cupcakes).  That book is amazing.  Say what you will about the internet being a great resource for recipes, I've never had a recipe from a published book go awry.
These cupcakes are a Scattered Lavender cake (fancy way of saying there's lavender flowers in there) with a Honeyed Mascarpone frosting, topped with lavender brittle (SO fun to make!) and a few lavender flowers.

So happy with this recipe!  Instead of using the regular butter cake recipe as the book suggests, I added about 2t crushed lavender to the mix during creaming.  It really added something.  The brittle looks awesome in the pictures and is fun and delicious to eat by itself, but as part of a cupcake, for me, it was a bit annoying to have basically a piece of sugar glass messing up my creamy frosting!
Happy caking, happy eating, happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment