Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cakes of Winter so far!

Since I have been posting mostly to my new Facebook page, I suppose it is fitting that I am slacking here.  Just to make sure I keep things current, here are some pictures of the cakes I've been doing since last I posted!

This cake I made for an awesome boy named Eshan who is battling Neuroblastoma.  He was so grateful and sweet and his family was amazing.  I was connected to them by Icing Smiles, an amazing organization that puts volunteer bakers and families facing major health crisis together.

This Dinosaur and Crayons cake was designed to match the invitations.  Everything is edible, including the 60 crayons I hand rolled and painted!


These next three photos are gross, but they tasted amazing!  The cake was tie dyed inside, yellow cake with vanilla buttercream, airbrushed.  The flies and corn and toilet paper are fondant.  

The cupcakes are gluten free chocolate cake (this recipe called for coconut flour and tasted OMG wonderful!), soaked in syrup, topped with ganache and melted double chocolate buttercream.  The maggots are airbrushed marshmallow fondant.  I am loving my airbrush!

The next cake is just a little smash cake I made up this morning.  I broke my tooth yesterday and I've been a little out of sorts with the pain, but somehow managed to pull this off anyway.

This is my first time trying to do flames on a cake.  I cut out a stencil from parchment paper with a razor blade.  It was pretty easy, but I am glad I tried it today because I learned a lot.  The cake itself is vegan chocolate with double chocolate buttercream, covered in ganache, with marshmallow fondant around the sides and vanilla buttercream for the "grass".


Well, I think that's all for this year so far!  I have a few cakes coming up so check back in and I'll try to have everything updated on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment