Friday, December 28, 2012

Yet Another Catch Up Post

Here are a few cakes I've done and haven't blogged about.  The Barbie Doll cake is actually a Bratz Doll Cake.  I made it for my niece MPie.  I love my airbrush kit.  The whole dress is covered in pearl and was so pretty.

She looks like she's dancing in a garden of little flowers!
The cupcakes were simple and classy.


Batman and Robin cake for a birthday party!

Pocoyo and Terminator cake for a Daddy and Daughter combo party.  If you haven't seen this show, you totally have to.  The episode I used for inspiration was a dance-off.

The back was "torn" looking to look like the cake is a robot inside.
A nautical Steampunk Octopus cake.  This was really fun to do and I used my airbrush on the whole thing.  The octopus and gears are gumpaste and the cake is wrapped in a mixture of modeling chocolate and fondant.

The gold was very shiny and the silver was standout, the copper was my favorite though.  I bought a wood grain impression mat for the sides and I didn't really like how it turned out.  I had to airbrush the "seams" of the wood to make the lines visible.
I love the gears on the side!  I made them using the daisy cutter and a round cutter.  First, cut a daisy, then use the appropriately sized round cutter to cut the tips off.
I made these cupcakes for Icing Smiles, this great organization that gathers volunteers from all over the place to make cakes for gravely ill children and their siblings.  These cupcakes went to the Ronald McDonald house and I just happened to have a Cat in the Hat movie that I was able to give them for a fun themed movie night.  I really look forward to my next cake with Icing Smiles. The staff there is awesome and I love giving a little of myself to bring a smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment