Thursday, September 8, 2011

American Girl and Calla Wedding Cakes!

It's getting late and I'm rushed to get this post written, so I'm sorry for my brevity.

The first cake here is an American Girl cake.  It's yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and filling, and gumpaste and fondant topper and fondant diamonds.  The "pearl" necklace is non-pariels, painstakingly put in place one by one.  It was a fun cake and I loved making it!  The photo is a little blurry, but the bag says "American Girl" on it.

This cake was for my husband's Godmother's wedding last weekend.  It is Deep Chocolate and Yellow Almond cake with vanilla buttercream filling and marshmallow fondant.  The flowers are all hand made, about 40 of them, out of gumpaste.  Getting the dark blue color was difficult, so after making the flowers, I used Wilton spray to get them a more vibrant shade of blue.  For the berry colored flowers I painted over a more matte color after the flowers were formed.  The stenciling was done with matching buttercream.  This was my first attempt at stenciling and I was pleased with the outcome.  The wedding was beautiful and the cake was delicious.  The bride said of the cake: "That was the best cake I've ever put in my mouth!"  What a wonderful day.  Congratulations, April!

No comments:

Post a Comment